Hi John...

We ran into the same issue. Its logged as a bug on Sourceforge, assigned to
Scott Stark. I'm not sure what his plans are for addressing it.

My plan was to put the network down during deployments until there is a fix.

Jim

--On Monday, May 14, 2001 11:54 AM -0700 John Moore
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have a servlet that loads static data into the application object
> through our entity beans; everything is running in jboss /w embedded
> tomcat.  Because Embedded Tomcat starts before the EJB container the
> servlet can't get to the data.   I moved embedded tomcat to the end of
> the load sequence (jboss.jcml) and it worked but .ear's can't be
> deployed.  Other than a timer, is their a signal/listener that i can
> register with to wait for JBoss to deploy the beans so I can then let the
> servlet go do it's thing?  Should I just do a shell script to force the
> initialization of the servlet immediately following jboss loading.  This
> doesn't really seem to warrant an mbean.
>
> Has anyone tackled something like this yet?
>
> TIA,
> John Moore

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence: