> Do you need the class when you compile? If the answer is
> positive, it would
> be quite sure that you would need it when you use it (during runtime)

I think that is not true. You can have some interface that you
need at compile time, but you definitely will have no implementation
if it was created after you compiled your code.

For example, your bean returns you instance of MyInterface, but
the class (public class MyClass implements MyInterface) was created
independently the client compilation. Then you need the dynamic
class loading.

In JDK 1.3 API for the java.rmi.MarshalledObject you can find that
instance wrapped by the MarshalledObject is annotated with the
URL for codebase. However, I never tried it.

Maybe somebody else used this technique?

Regards,
Roman