I was missing jbossmq-client.jar from the classpath.

Why was there no ClassNotFoundException thrown instead?

m.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Hustler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 5:41 PM
To: Jboss (E-mail)
Subject: [JBoss-user] ClassCastException thrown during Context.lookup()

Hi,
can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong in this code block?
I am trying to establish a connection to a topicConnectionFactory from
within my client.  Executing the code block results in a ClassCastException
during the lookup() call.

Properties env = new Properties();
env.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial",
                "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
env.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url", "localhost:1099");
env.setProperty("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "org.jboss.naming");

jndiContext = new InitialContext(env);

topicConnectionFactory = (TopicConnectionFactory)
        jndiContext.lookup("TopicConnectionFactory");

Thanks!
mike.