Currently(JBoss-2.2.1) the security information that is obtained
from the server request is stored in a ThreadLocal and so
is only available to the request thread. You need to propagate
the security information to any child threads.

As of JBoss-2.3, security information is stored in an
InheritableThreadLocal and so is propgated automatically
to any child threads.