> JBoss experts,
> I am looking for any available hardware configuration/sizing
> information to support a Jboss/Tomcat deployment in production.
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Thomas Cong
> Portal Software
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tom,

The bottom line is that there are way too many dependencies on your code
and the other products that you use to do anything other than build some
test harnesses, run it, measure it, and see.  Most HW vendors have
"capacity planning" labs where you can borrow their high-end gear to run
stress tests, but it's a good idea to run some preliminary tests
in-house to resolve the obvious bottlenecks first.  It's a fair amount
of effort to do it right but you'll get lots of good data to feed back
into your code.

Given that Portal sells big-dollar billing software for ISP's this is a
pretty significant win for JBoss.  Any chance you'd be willing to add
Portal to the jboss.org "Success Stories" page?

Regards,
Toby