-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jason Wells
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 8:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JBoss-user] SQL query tracing -- how?

Hello,

I'm running JBoss 2.1, and I need to turn on SQL tracing so that I can
debug
a BMP entity bean I'm working on. I'm trying to get my server.log to
give me
output like this:

[JAWS] Exists SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM UnitStatus WHERE id=?
[JAWS] findAllStatus SQL: SELECT id FROM UnitStatus
[JAWS] Create SQL: INSERT INTO UnitStatus (priority,speed,heading,lat)
VALUES (?,?,?,?)
[JAWS] Remove SQL: DELETE FROM UnitStatus WHERE id=?

I found no mention of debug in the JBoss docs, but when I searched
through
the list archive I actually found what appeared to be the answer. It
said:

"add <debug>true</debug> to your jaws.xml, at the 'top' level (within
the
<jaws> tag, but not in any other. Also, make sure that you're allowing
debug
level logs to be output."

The first part is clear enough, and I took the last part of the
instructions
("allow debug level logs to be output") to mean that for my database
connection pool in jboss.jcml, set the "LoggingEnabled" attribute to
true.
Which I did. However, I don't get any SQL statements in either the JBoss
console output or in server.log.

I assume that I misunderstand the last part. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
--
Jason Wells
Web Architect