Hi,

I have a stateless session bean that parses an XML document.  I am using the
Oracle Java XDK for processing XML.  I have read that XML parsing in
bytecode is slow, and that you need to let the JIT compile it to native for
the performance to be acceptable.  This agrees with our testing... we made
several different documents (all the same size) that conform to the same
DTD, then wrote a sample application that loops through them and parses
them.  The first parse, no matter which document you use, parses in ~ 3
seconds, while subsequent parses take ~20 milliseconds.  The problem is that
JBoss seems to toss out the compiled bytecode after each call to the parsing
session bean, so that each incoming xml document takes ~ 3 seconds.  I am
thinking of trying different parsing tools, or playing with the cache
configuration stuff in jboss.xml.  What is the best way of making jboss hang
on to the compiled native stuff?  Static initializers?  Object pools?
Thanks,
Simon