On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 10:55:28AM +1200, Justin Harrison wrote:
> Hi
>
> Weekend research.
>
> > The level of support for transactions, specifically the JTA
> extensions to
> > JDBC 2.0, is important to know.
>
> The driver is JDBC 1.2 type 4 compliant written in JDK 1.1.7.

Ok, it doesn't support the JTA extensions.  This menans that you
theoretically have things set up correctly.

> I have had a go at this but the results mean little to me. Here is the
> debug code
> I put in
>
> public void commit(Xid id, boolean twoPhase) throws XAException {
>     }
>
> And here are my results.
>
> id                              : XidImpl [FormatId=257,
> GlobalId=justin//0, BranchQual=1]
> twoPhase                        : true
> active                          : false
> current                         : XidImpl [FormatId=257,
> GlobalId=justin//0, BranchQual=1]
> Con transaction isolation level : 1
> Con is closed                   : false
> Con is read only                : false
> Con is auto commit              : true
> Throw XA_HEURCOM exception

Aha!  Autocommit should most definitely be false in this scenario.

The next step is to track down why autocommit is true.  Are you setting
autocommit in your code anywhere?

If not, check that the JDBC driver supports transactions.

You might like to put in some tracing around the JBossPool code that turns
autocommit on/off.

Toby.