I assume you are using a java client. You will have to include the client jars from JBoss to get this to work.

$jboss/client/*

Al
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Anurag Narayan
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 12:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JBoss-user] Problem in JBoss

Hi,
    I have successfully compiled and deployed jar file.Also client file called InterestClient is sucessfully compiled but after running the server when I run the  client it throws the exception.

   javax.naming.NoInitialContextException :Cannot instantiate class:org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory [ Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException :org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory ]

The strange thing is that this exception is thrown even when the server is running or not.Cananybody tell me the reason for this and how to solve it.

Regards
Anurag Narayan