Can you use the JBoss deployment functionality when you have Tomcat
configured with Apache, or do you need to deploy your .war file separately
and restart each time you deploy?

I can reach the apps that come with Tomcat, but I get the following error in
my mod_jk.log file when I try to access an app that was deployed through an
.ear file.  (Works fine when using embedded Tomcat/no Apache).

jk_connect.c (143)]: jk_open_socket, connect() failed errno = 146
[jk_ajp12_worker.c (152)]: In jk_endpoint_t::service, Error sd = -1

If you CAN deploy though an .ear, what does the mod_jk.conf-auto (or
whatever you are including in httpd.conf) need to look like since you can't
really define an alias as the JBoss directory changes each time.

Thanks,
Alex