Hi All,

I wrote a custom loginmodule to use our security api's to log people into
our application. I used the UserLoginModule included with jboss as an
example. The login module I wrote looks up a session EJB in jboss and uses
that bean to authenticate the user. Everything looks good, and I've tested
the session bean outside of the login module. However when I try to use the
custom login module i get classnotfound exceptions, and when i try and make
those classes available by putting them in the classpath i get other errors.
I've tried this code with jboss 2.2.1 and jboss 2.2.2 with integrated
Tomcat, and without integrated Tomcat.

Here's the stack:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/againtech/framework/jndi/JNDIServiceException
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:558)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:125)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$3.run(LoginContext.java:531)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokeModule(LoginContext.java:528)
        at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:449)
        at
com.againtech.ce.security.jboss.JBossClientSecurityImpl.login(JBossClientSec
urityImpl.java:69)

This exception is being thrown in Tomcat, so I figure the security stuff has
a different classloader and the forName call can't find the classes I've
exposed to Tomcat. These classes ARE available in the web-inf/classes
directory of the web application they are being called from.

Does anyone know where the classpath the JAAS security stuff is using lives?
If not, does anyone know how to get this to work? Otherwise, can anyone give
me pointers on debugging these classloader type problems?

regards,
Matthew