Title: RE: [JBoss-user] DEAR JBOSS USERS

As with the below we too are in development but are 100% committed to a
successful JBoss deployment.  We have a combination of Entity
as well as Stateless Session beans (~100 total).  Development is on
NT, 2000, RH Linux and Solaris 8 SPARC all w/ JDK 1.3.  Configurations
include various combinations of Apache/Tomcat/JBoss as well as Resin/JBoss;
the Tomcat/JBoss kicks serious ass.

We too use Ant for our build, unit testing, and deployment process.   We are developing
against two databases, Oracle and Interbase, with a single codebase; including
descriptors.

The only problems we have encountered have been as a result of our
misunderstanding of certain areas; not yet a problem with JBoss.  We
were using JBoss 1 for prototypes of other products.  The current version
is lightyears ahead of the 1.0 product (back when it was EJBoss) and I dare say
ahead of the competition.   It may not yet have all of the cool GUI wigets that
some products have but it's a solid product.

I've experienced much of the competition first hand.  The grass is not necessarily
greener.  You will experience problems and frustrations, maybe not the sames ones,
but they are there.  The support that you see in this newsgroup is great, even
compared to paid support options and certainly that which you find in other
products newsgroups.

You don't have much to look forward to by jumping ship; except maybe increased production
and development costs.  Maybe that's why their grass looks greener.

John Moore