its validating the XML document....

Take out the <!Doctype .... > line and you wont get the error, or you can place the DTD's on your own site and reference them there.

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Lionel Siau
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 8:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JBoss-user] Something in crimson that is hard coded and trying to lookup java.sun.com

Hi guys,

the crimson parser is trying to resolve the java.sun.com hostname inside!!!

(Auto deploy] java.net.UnknownHostException: java.sun.com

This shouldn't be correct. Many of us do development on our laptops and standalones and this completely renders it unusable. Can we pls pls get this thing fixed? (Is there a crimson update that bypasses this?) Another guy also reported the same thing for his tomcat-test.ear(which I also encountered also).

Lionel

[Auto deploy] Watching D:\jboss\deploy
[Auto deploy] Auto deploy of file:/D:/jboss/deploy/jive.war
[J2EE Deployer Default] Deploy J2EE application: file:/D:/jboss/deploy/jive.war
[J2EE Deployer Default] Create application jive.war
[J2EE Deployer Default] inflate and install module jive.war
[Container factory] Deploying:file:/D:/jboss/tmp/deploy/Default/jive.war
[Container factory] Deployed application: file:/D:/jboss/tmp/deploy/Default/jive
.war
[J2EE Deployer Default] Starting module jive.war
[Auto deploy] deploy, ctxPath=/jive, warUrl=file:/D:/jboss/tmp/deploy/Default/ji
ve.war/web1001/
2001-06-08 07:41:30 - ContextManager: Adding context Ctx( /jive )
[Auto deploy] java.net.UnknownHostException: java.sun.com
[Auto deploy]   at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.fatal(Parser2.java:3035)
[Auto deploy]   at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.externalParameterEntity(Par
ser2.java:2723)
[Auto deploy]   at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeDoctypeDecl(Parser2.ja