I've followed Scott Stark's tutorial to incorporate JAAS-based security for
both servlets and ejb beans into my application. Everything was pretty
straightforward, and seems to be working, for the most part; when I try to
access the protected servlets I'm prompted to log in. But like Greg
Merrill, when I actually try to log in, I get
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: env not bound. I'm using the
JBoss-2.2.2/Tomcat-3.2.2 bundle on win98.

As far as I know, I'm following the tutorial to the letter. I've defined
the security domain

<security-domain>java:/jaas/risk</security-domain>

in both the jboss-web.xml file and the jboss.xml file. I've also
double-checked the jboss.jcml file. The mbean which configures the
JaasSecurityManagerService already existed in the original file, but didn't
include the attribute described in Scott's tutorial:

<attribute
name="SecurityProxyFactoryClassName">org.jboss.security.SubjectSecurityProxy
Factory</attribute>

so I added that too. These definitions are accepted at jboss startup time,
as the log shows:

[Configuration] DEBUG SecurityManagerClassName set to
org.jboss.security.plugins.JaasSecurityManager in
Security:name=JaasSecurityManager
[Configuration] DEBUG SecurityProxyFactoryClassName set to
org.jboss.security.SubjectSecurityProxyFactory in
Security:name=JaasSecurityManager

but I still get the env not bound exception. Is there something I'm missing
that anyone can see? It's perfectly possible that I'm doing something
stupid, since I'm basically a newbie with both tomcat and jboss, but I've
been over and over the guide and can't see what I'm doing wrong ...

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew H Blom
[EMAIL PROTECTED]