but you could have the business methods in an interface and implement the
interface. then you have something like

        +-------------+                 +-----------------+
        | businessint |                 | EJBObject       |
        +-------------+                 +-----------------+
        |                 |                     |                       |
        | Methods         |                     |                       |
        +-------------+                 +-----------------+
                ^                                          ^
                +-----------------+--------------+

                                +------------+
                                |   Remote   |
                                +------------+
                                |                |
                                |                |

Where businessint is an interface that must be implemented and has the
business methods in it, and of course EJBObject is extended.

This also means your implementation class can implement businessint, and you
are usually sure that all the methods in the remote interface are in the
implmentation class.

Your point is still very valid though. the implementation class must return
either a PK class, or a Collection, and in the errors it looks like it is
not.

Al