Title: Client files jar or just .classes ??

Hi Everyone,
Im new to the list and to Jboss so if my questions are too benial please bear with me..
Ok Iv just done the interest example and first thought that Id compile the *.java files myself and then create the interest.jar file and ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml.

So I did this and then copied my new interest.jar file to the JBOSS_DIST\deploy dir, noticing that the interest.jar file was then deployed in the JBoss cmd window.

On the client I decided to set up the classpath to include the interest.jar file which Id put in a "jars" dir in the root of the interest dir:-

java -classpath "c:\JBossTomcat\jboss\client\jboss-client.jar;c:\JBossTomcat\jboss\client\jbosssx-client.jar;c:\JBossTomcat\jboss\client\jnp-client.jar;jars/interest.jar" InterestClient

The home class and the other ejb classes are all in the interest.jar file so I hoped that Id included the relavent classes for the rmi stuff..

The interestClient class was in my interest root dir.
When running I got the following error:-
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: InterestClient

So after some thought I decided to include the bean classes like this (dir structure):-
interest\
com\
   web_tomorrow\
        interest\
                interest.class
                interestBean.class
                interestHome.class
InterestClient
jars\
        interest.jar

and then run with the following classpath :-
java -classpath "c:\JBossTomcat\jboss\client\jboss-client.jar;c:\JBossTomcat\jboss\client\jbosssx-client.jar;c:\JBossTomcat\jboss\client\jnp-client.jar;." InterestClient

Everyhting worked fine and I got the usual results as per the interest tutorial.

So My question is why can't I use a jar file on the client that contains my bean classes ??
I did make sure that the paths where correct in the jar file also (
com\
   web_tomorrow\
        interest\
                interest.class
                interestBean.class
                interestHome.class
)
so Im almost sure that that's not the problem.
Is it the case that on the client the bean classes will have to be unzipped/jared and put into there relavent package dirs??

It would be tidier if they where just in jars.   If they can be in jars please let me know.
Stephen.

Stephen White - Designer
Direct : 00 46 31 74 62191
Mobile : 0706 89 33 43