-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ng, Natalie
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 5:43 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [JBoss-user] JMS - javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory not bound

Hi all, I am new to JBoss so forgive me if this has been covered before. I
have an application that uses JMS within an EJB (not message driven bean). I
ported the application from JRun to JBoss and I got the following error:

[WfStubQueueMgr] javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory not bound
[WfStubQueueMgr]        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteC
all.java:245)
[WfStubQueueMgr]        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:220)
[WfStubQueueMgr]        at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:122)
[WfStubQueueMgr]        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer_Stub.lookup(Unknown
Source)
[WfStubQueueMgr]        at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:349)
[WfStubQueueMgr]        at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:333)
[WfStubQueueMgr]        at
javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:350)
... snip ...

The application was working fine under JRun. I do not have a jboss.xml file,
and I lookup the queue factory as follows:

Properties env = new Properties();
env.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial",
"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
env.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url",  "localhost:1099");
env.setProperty("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs",  "org.jboss.naming");
InitialContext context = new InitialContext(env);
final QueueConnectionFactory factory =
    (QueueConnectionFactory)
context.lookup(QueueConnectionFactory.class.getName());

Any idea on what I need to do to get this working? Thanks.

regards,
Natalie