Hmm...the remote method can throw a NamingException--just figured this out.  It must have been throwing a NamingException, and trying to package up the dirContext into the exception and send it over the wire.  I removed that silly exception and handled it internally, and that fixed it.

Now--I am getting a NameNotFoundException on an item I know is in the directory, so I've still got some work to do.  Thanks for getting my head into gear...

-Jason

Scott M Stark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

06/22/2001 01:58 PM