The JMS setExceptionListener states: "A Connection serializes execution of
its ExceptionListener."  I seem to be getting the onException() handler
called while it's currently processing.

Here's my ExceptionListener:

public void onException(JMSException exception) {
    if (onExceptionState == IN_EXCEPTION) {
      System.out.println("****************ALREADY IN
EXCEPTION*******************");
    }
    onExceptionState = IN_EXCEPTION;
    System.out.println("onException JMS connection error:" + exception);
    try {
      topicConnection.close();
    } catch (JMSException e) {}
    onExceptionState = OUT_EXCEPTION;
  }

topicConnection.close() is throwing an exception and causes onException to
be called again.  My interpretation of "serializes execution of its
ExceptionListener" is that onException should not be called until the first
call completes.  Is that correct? (Note I'm only using one connection.)

To duplicate this I intentionally kill JBossMQ while the connection is
active.