> In a CD tutorial example I do not understand the
> role of id parameter in ejbCreate(String) method and
> who supplies this string and how. Is it the way EJB
> provides unique field for easy primary key
> implementation? Should I necessarily have such a
> field name in my
> bean and should I implement ejbCreate always with
> this signature? I am especially curious because I
> previously implemented non-argument ejbCreate() and
> got "id is null" failure message on deployment.

Your EJB shall have primary key. ( and it could be
whatever field you like ). On creation of your EJB
you have to generate this key yourself.

I use an separate bean as sequence generator.

regards,

=====
Konstantin Priblouda ( ko5tik )    Freelance Software developer
< http://www.pribluda.de > < play java games -> http://www.yook.de >
< render charts online -> http://www.pribluda.de/povray/ >