Mike Thompson wrote:

> ...everytime I select a link that will fire a struts action, I get the following:
>2001-06-28 01:25:37 - Ctx( /SecureExWeb ): 500 R( /SecureExWeb + /servicemanager.do +
>null) No action instance for path /servicemanager could be created I have no clue
>what this could mean.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

The message is logged by the structs ActionServlet that dispatches a request to a
struts Action. Two possibilites:

1) missing struts config entry: most likely cause were it not that you don't get the
message running in a different app server.

2) ambiguous class resolution: the servlet, struts jar and Action should be packaged
in the war to use the same jboss deployment classloader.

--
Fred Loney
Java Enterprise Consultant