I'm working on a jca/jdbc driver for firebird/interbase.  It's not ready
for use yet, but can do some things.  firebird.sourceforge.net, client-java
in cvs.  At the moment I have no particular plans to wrap the jca part to
make jdbc (e.g.XADatasource wrapping ManagedConnectionFactory).  Mostly I
want to make an xa driver that works with jboss.

david jencks