Hello everyone:

In a cmp entity bean, I made a map from Number(in Oracle) to INTEGER
(in Jdbc type) to int( in the entity bean) in the jaws.xml, as the following:
<field-name>cityId</field-name>
<column-name>CITY_ID</column-name>
<sql-type>NUMBER(6)</sql-type>
<jdbc-type>INTEGER</jdbc-type>

(DataBase: oracle8i)

But When I call a finder to load a row whose City_ID field is null in database, An
Exception occurred.(as below).
If city_id is not null, It work well.

How to make it work? why this happened?

java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception
is:
        java.rmi.ServerException: Load failed; nested exception is:
        java.lang.NullPointerException
java.rmi.ServerException: Load failed; nested exception is:
        java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:245)
        at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:220)
        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.server.JRMPContainerInvoker_Stub.invoke(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.interfaces.EntityProxy.invoke(EntityProxy.java:182)
        at $Proxy1.getId(Unknown Source)
        at untitled6.NodeTestClient1.main(NodeTestClient1.java:106)
Exception in thread "main"