It sounds like there is a problem with your design if you are trying to do
this - the EJB container controls all instance creation, so you can't
really create a true Singleton bean.

What are you trying to do? There are many other ways to get Singleton-like
functionality with EJBs. I'm assuming the bean is stateless if you want to
create a Singleton, and for stateless beans the container will create as
many instances as necessary to service client requests.

Alex

|--------+-------------------------------------->
|        |          "Hermann RANGAMANA"         |
|        |          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |
|        |          Sent by:                    |
|        |          [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|        |          eforge.net                  |
|        |                                      |
|        |                                      |
|        |          07/05/01 05:07 AM           |
|        |          Please respond to jboss-user|
|        |                                      |

  |       To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                       |
  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:     [JBoss-user] Design question - Singleton

Hi all,

I have a session bean, which number of  instance should be limited to 1
(Singleton). How can i implement this with ejb?

--hermann