Frank Marx wrote:

> Sure, but you have to write the code which checks the flag when you are
> using BMP as far as I know,

You can write an 'isModified' method for BMP, in which case you don't
need to check the flag in ejbStore(), but it's less portable to other
servers.

> but this is done by the Container automaticly when you use CMP.
>
> So with using tuned updates the effect is the same as when using
> isModified() ?

Actually, tuned-updates is a little more overhead, in both memory and time.

> How is this archieved  ?

JAWS saves the field values from the load operation and compares the
current values with the saved ones, then only updates the modified fields.