I had a question about the pass-by-value vs pass-by-reference semantics of
ejb calls. From how I understand the spec, any calls through the remote
interface are supposed to use pass-by-value semantics. However, JBoss
appears to use pass-by-reference semantics for beans running in the same
jvm (an optimization that makes a lot of sense in my opinion). I just
wanted to know if JBoss has had any trouble being "officially certified"
sense it doesn't appear to follow the spec in this regard. With the
appearance of local interfaces, are there any intents to change this
default behavior?

Thanks,

Alex