From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2001 1:35 AM
Subject: Re: Re: [JBoss-user] Setting & Accessing Resource Files in JBoss

> Wow, Thanks a lot Lorenzo... Now I have better hopes!
>
> I still have some Issues with this:
>
> I made it to code and deploy a Session bean that access to a resource file
from the source code you send me. I got the correct name and location of the
file with

> theResourceName = (String)theInitialContext.lookup("java:comp/env/" +
anEvironmentName);

> here I can see the exact valu I gave in the deployment descriptor
(<env-entry-value>/config/ConfigFile.xml</env-entry-value>), I also deployed
the file same name and in the same directory in the .jar file.

> But with
>
> java.io.InputStream theInputStream =
getClass().getResourceAsStream(theResourceName);

> I allways get null!! :( (of course I can´t read the Stream afterwards,
then I get the NullPointerException)

> I´ve been working around with this, but nothing helped. Do you guys have
any clue?

> Jorge Suarez
> Commexnet Co.
> Medellin, Colombia
>

> > De: Lorenzo Resta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Fecha: 13-Jul-2001 07:09
> > Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Asunto: Re: [JBoss-user] Setting & Accessing Resource Files in JBoss
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > You can do something like this:
> >
> > First create an environment entry in your ejb-jar.xml file like:
> >
> > <env-entry>
> >   <env-entry-name>ConfigFile</env-entry-name>
> >   <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
> >   <env-entry-value>/config/ConfigFile.xml</env-entry-value>
> > </env-entry>
> >

> >    private String getResourceNameFromEnvironment(String
anEnvResourceName) throws NamingException{
> >      String theResourceName;
> >      InitialContext theInitialContext = new InitialContext();
> >
> >      theResourceName = (String)theInitialContext.lookup("java:comp/env/"
+ anEvironmentName);

> >      return theResourceName;
> >    }
> >
> >    private void loadResource(String aEnvResourceName){
> >      String theResourceName =
getResourceNameFromEnvironment(aEnvResourceName);
> >      java.io.InputStream theInputStream =
getClass().getResourceAsStream(theResourceName);
> >    }
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> > Lorenzo
> >
> > SurfKitchen Inc.
> >

> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > > Hi to all!
> > > I´m almost a newbye to JBoss (and even to J2EE development). I have
some issues to be covered in the project we are developing, many of them aim
to be solved with having access to a repository and "read" data from there.

> > > Since we don´t want to use the database for that and we cannot access
regular files from a EJB according to the J2EE specs, I need to know if it´s
possible to deploy a kind of "resource" file wich can hold my data and
access it trought the context or something like that.

> > > If this is possible.... What´s the how to? Where can I find
documentation about it? Any alternative?