Hi Raj,

     When you say stand-alone, are you referring to swing applications? If so,
I suggest you can write a generic singleton class that acts as a delegate for
the jbpm. The methods for this class is really quite simple, and minimalistic
probably only a createProcessInstance method or a signalProcess method, etc.
Example call from an application:

  |          Workflow.getInstance().signalProcess( processid, map );

      The Workflow wraps the jbpm and the signalProcess is the only location
where the process execution is saved, not in the transitions. This is the main
context for your begin and end/commit transactions. The map represents probably
variables that you may need to introduce when signalling the process. Anyway,
this is just an example but this is how I developed my session beans.

For katador:
    Jbpm does not rely on J2ee or servlets or other containers. It just
probably relies only on hibernate for persistence strategy. With a little
creativity, you can do pretty much what you want. If you're interested with web
services or the like, maybe you can also check out their BPEL extension. I have
not yet gone into that so I can't give you much insight on that.

Regards

Elmo

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3919722#3919722