I compared the performance of this new implementation against what I checked in
on December 5th 2005 and don't see much difference:

December 5th changes:
1. Calling add 2000 times in a loop took 39.816 seconds
2  Performing 2000 iterations in a loop took 39.329 seconds

With the new implementation changes:
1.  Calling add 2000 times in a loop took 38.887 seconds
2.  Performing 2000 iterations in a loop took 43.188 seconds

Prior to my changes on December 5th, performance was lower.

I do like the new implementation and thought that performance would be better
than it was but it doesn't seem any better than the December 5th change.

If anyone would like the test case code, let me know (I'll check it in
enventually, just not ready yet).

Scott

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3920840#3920840