Hi,

I am not sure what question you are answering with your reply.  Are my
statements here correct?

>>Can anyone tell me what happens if a TopicPublisher created by a
>>TopicSession with CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE continuously publishes a
>>persistent message with an infinite time to live to JBossMQ topic with no
>>maxdepth and without any known subscribers for a few days?
>>Will the messages just continue to persist until a subscriber
>>acknowledges them? Or because there are no known subscribers will
>>the message just disappear?
The messages will still persist no matter if there is a client or not.  Correct?
If this is correct, is there a way to create a FIFO like persistence using a
null persistence manager?  I have tried this approach only to run out of memory
due to message softening (the message softening with a null persistence manager
uses memory as its internal cache).  I would rather have the first messages
disappear once the high memory mark of the message cache has been breached.
If this is not correct, any possibilities why these messages are queuing up?

>>When a subscriber is finally created for that topic will it have to
>> process all those messages (i.e. acknowledge) in order or
>>will the subscriber just receive the messages from the time
>>after it was created and until is destoyed?
Only a durable subscriber will need to process all these messages.  Correct?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3921227#3921227

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3921227