This question has been asked at least twice.  The answer is: "use an
intermediate entity to represent your assoc table"

I looked but could not find much on this in the Hibernate documentation.  It is
most likely where I did not look.

I have an idea of what to do, but do not know if it right.

Take the JBoss Flights_Customers example.  Say I want to add another column
named Date to the join table.

Do I do this:

  | @Entity
  | public class Flights_Customers{
  |     private String flight, customer;
  |     private java.sql.Date date;

and then in Flight

  | @JoinTable(
  |                      [EMAIL PROTECTED](name="Flights_Customers"),
  |                      [EMAIL PROTECTED](name="flight")},
  |                      [EMAIL PROTECTED](name="customer")}

In Customer the joinColumns and inverseJoinColumns swap over.  I use a few more
annotations to set up the join, but this is what is relevant.

Is this how it should be done?  If  not, what should be done differently?

Thanks,

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3921722#3921722

Reply to the post :