I created a web service implementing the ServiceLifeCycle interface.  In doing
some tests it appeared that the init and destroy were called on every single
web service call.  Is this really the case?  It appears that the Servlets do
not do this and only call the init when the object is first created and destroy
when it's being unloaded or removed.

Using the latest released JBoss, it appears that for every call to a web
service, the web service is created and destroyed, calling init and destroy for
every method call.

I know the spec doesn't say how they have to be managed as its up to the
container management, but this seems like a realy performance nightmare.

Can you help me clarify this behavior, so I know that this is currently how it
is or if I have just configured something wrong or missed configuring
something.  I know the JBossWS stuff is still evolving.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3921748#3921748

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3921748