Hello,

I have a problem with inserting rows from Stateless Session Bean (bean transactions).
It dosn't insert.

I have a method in the helper class ForumDAO (code below). When I call this
method from client application - it works fine, inserted record appears in database,
great.
But... I've called this method from EJB method, and nothing happens. I've tried all
(?) possibilities:

Without transaction, connection taken from the pool and not closed (returned) / with
closing connection.
or
Within UserTransaction context with/without closing connection.

Inserted record appears in the postgresql log but not in database.
It's strange behaviour becouse on the same server I have CMP entity bean with
mandatory transaction
on one method and this CMP works fine.

Jboss 2.4, Postgresql 7.1.2

Please help (I'm going little mad...)

Tomasz

<CODE class=ForumDAO>

public class ForumDAO {

 public boolean addNewForum(Connection conn) {
        try {
            String sql = "insert into ...."
            PreparedStatement stmt = conn.prepareStatement(sql);
            [... set some parameters ...]

            System.out.println("before execute");

            stmt.executeUpdate();

            System.out.println("after execute");

            return true;
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
            return false;
        }
    }
}

</CODE>

<CODE class=ForumNewEJB>

  [... bussines method ...]
  UserTransaction tx = ctx.getUserTransaction();

  Connection conn = ...

  try {

        tx.begin();
        forumDAO.addNewForum(conn);