>I have tried the getEJBMetaData().getHomeInterfaceClass() method in
>JBoss, but all i am getting here is the "$Proxy2" class name again,
>so i suspect that the mentioned method returns the class that implements
>the Home interface.
The $Proxy2 is a class that is dynamically generated and wraps the home
interface methods. See java.lang.reflect.Proxy for more information. I think
you can use introspection to query the interfaces it implements, this should
include the name of the home interface class.

>There is also the getEJBMetaData().getEJBHome(), but when i call this
method,
>an exception like this is thrown:
>javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name
>in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in
>an application resource file:  java.naming.factory.initial
>at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:646)
>[...]
Have you specified all needed configuration parameters? Easiest is to have a
jndi.properties in your classpath containing the following properties.
java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url=localhost:1099
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming

Of course, you might need to change the java.naming.provider.url to fit your
local configuration needs.

Maurice.