JBoss-2.2.2_Tomcat-3.2.2
Windows 2000 sp1

Newbie question.

When I am deploying an ear file, JBoss tries to resolve dtd references in
application.xml in the ear file, and ejb-jar.xml in ejb jar files.

If I have the reference as an http:// ref, this implies that I can only
deploy on a machine that can 'see out' to the net.

If I have the reference as a file:/// ref, this implies that I have a
hard-coded reference to the location of my dtd files that is bound to vary
on other machines on which I deploy.

Short of the deployer unpacking and editing the .xml files within my .ear
file, is there any way of making my .ear file more generally deployable?
Or, can JBoss be configured not to try and resolve the dtd references?

Either I have missed something obvious through lack of experience (I hope
so) or this is a bit of a flaw in either the J2EE spec or the way JBoss
implements it.

Hope someone can help.

Regards,
Pat McGibbon.