ejimenez:
anonymous wrote : Is there something you want to do that you cant accomplish
using the subprocess end event?

Actually, I think yes.  I have a process that uses subprocesses for repetitive
tasks like calling someone (with carefully designed business rules for a busy
signal, leaving a message, etc).  Unfortunately, I also have the requirement
that at any given time I must pause the workflow for a user-defined amount of
time.  The way I've implemented this in my test workflows is to have a
hold-state that dynamically creates a timer to leave it.

Each larger workflow instance is tied to an entity in our system.  So, when
they hit "pause" I need to be able to figure out exactly which process they are
currently in so that I can pause /that/ subprocess, hence pausing the rest.
Otherwise, if I pause the superprocess the subprocess would just get restarted
from the beginning upon re-entry.

My first approach was, of course, to recursively use .getSubProcessInstance().
I don't have a large urge to write HQL as I like to keep libraries free of
customization so that future bugfix releases can be integrated in just by
replacing a jar.

My guess is that everyone will recommend I migrate my existing code to 3.1,
where this is fixed?

Ian

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3923473#3923473