Try 'kill -3 <pid>'  to get a VM dump and see if you can spot what is
potentially hanging up the shutdown process.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 2:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [JBoss-user] jboss on HP-UX 11.0 under JDK 1.3/1.3.1

        Not sure if this will help, but try all three shutdown procedures
and see if it hangs on all of them:

        1) CTRL-C
        2)
http://hostname:8082/InvokeAction//DefaultDomain%3Atype%3DShutdown/action=sh
utdown?action=shutdown
        3) java -classpath $JBOSS_HOME/lib/ext/jboss.jar org.jboss.Shutdown
hostname

        Substitute hostname as necessary.  Also, try downgrading to JDK
1.3.0 and see if you still have the problem.

        Hope this helps.

---
Michael R. Maraya