Koen,

Thanks for your response.  Also, I apologize, I'm usually much better at
posting symptoms of problems.  I migrated to 3.1 to try to correct issues I was
having with 3.0.2, and it was on the whole a long and frustrating day.  :)

In the course of getting the information together for this reply I found the
cause of the main migration issue I was having (as is often the case, I know).
The first symptom was that when deploying the process definition it would not
be completely saved to the database, as such with the NULL start state:

  | mysql> select * from jbpm_processdefinition;
  | +-----+-------------+----------+------------------------+-------------+
  | | ID_ | NAME_       | VERSION_ | ISTERMINATIONIMPLICIT_ | STARTSTATE_ |
  | +-----+-------------+----------+------------------------+-------------+
  | |   2 | Simple Test |        1 |                        |        NULL |
  | +-----+-------------+----------+------------------------+-------------+

The cause of the issue was that I mis-upgraded my JbpmContext (formerly
JbpmSession) interceptor I was not actually closing the jbpmContext.  That has
since been fixed, and I'll now move on to testing the issues this whole
migration was hoped to fix.  :)

Thanks again,
Ian

View the original post :