Hi,

it would be nice if someone could give a statement whether the following is a
supported scenario (either by spec and / or JBOSS ;)

We're not using sessions beans, and we're using a JCA resource adapter
(tx-connection-factory). The following steps are made:the cci.ConnectionFactory
is looked up via JNDI
a connection handle is obtained using getConnection() on the
cci.ConnectionFactory, which in turn calls
spi.ConnectionManager.allocateConnection()
some non-transactional operations are performed on the connection
UserTransaction.begin() is invoked
the connection should be enlisted in the transaction.
Unfortunately, step 4. does not enlist the connection in the transaction. If we
first call UserTransaction.begin() and obtain the connection afterwards, the
obtained connection is correctly enlisted.

Shouldn't an existing connection be enlisted if a transaction is begun after
the connection was obtained?

Thanks for any information,
Jörg

P.S.
I tried both <xa-transaction> and the default, and I set SpecCompliant to true
for the org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionManager mbean.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3924392#3924392

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3924392