Thanks. That worked rather well. I am now trying to "inject" a reference to my
stateless bean via annotation. When I try to run this I get a
NullPointerException.

I think it would be nice if it was possible to inject a reference to a bean via
 @EJB3. I suppose I'll have to perform a "manual" lookup. Another 2 lines of
code :-(

  | /*
  |  * JBossSchedulable.java
  |  */
  |
  | package com.helveta.cis.cie.scheduler;
  |
  | import java.util.Date;
  | import javax.annotation.EJB;
  | import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
  | import org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Schedulable;
  |
  | /**
  |  *
  |  * @author Alex
  |  */
  | public class JBossSchedulable implements Schedulable
  | {
  |   private static final Logger log =
Logger.getLogger(JBossSchedulable.class);
  |   private String name;
  |   private long value;
  |
  |   @EJB3
  |   private Scheduler scheduler;
  |
  |   public JBossSchedulable(String name, long value)
  |   {
  |     this.name = name;
  |     this.value = value;
  |     log.info("ctor, name: " + name + ", value: " + value);
  |   }
  |
  |   public void perform(Date now, long remainingRepetitions)
  |   {
  |     log.info("perform, now: " + now +", remainingRepetitions: " +
remainingRepetitions +", name: " + name + ", value: " + value);
  |     try
  |     {
  |       scheduler.check();
  |     }
  |     catch (Exception e)
  |     {
  |       log.info("Unable to CHECK scheduler",e);
  |     }
  |   }
  | }

View the original post :