I have set up a cluster with four nodes and custom partition name following the
documentation. I have a test server running in the same subnet, but with the
DefaultPartition name.

All four production nodes and the test server were running and all worked fine,
until node1 of the four prod. nodes has been taken down and did not come up
again with the repeated warning "handleJoin(node1:port) failed, retrying". I
then took down the other three prod. nodes as well, but now any of the nodes
failed to come up with the same warning.

Finally I took down the test server as well and now I could start all four
prod. nodes normally.

Now my question is, how can I avoid this? Should each cluster partition run on
its own network? What is then the point with the partition name?

I read in a post describing a similar problem, that using TCP instead of UDP
solved the problem. Should I do that as well? If yes, what are then the
"initial_hosts", should it be "thishost + othernodes" on each node?

Thanks in advance
Torsten

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3925008#3925008