Hi,

    I am trying to implement a CMP to learn how does it work. I created a
table on Oracle 9i with the following script -

CREATE TABLE Employee
(
    EmpNo          NUMBER(5, 0)
   CONSTRAINT   pk_empno  PRIMARY KEY,
    EmpName          VARCHAR2(50)
);

I am using NetBeans 5.0 IDE; thru NetBeans wizard I created an entity bean
for this table; the findByPrimaryKey method takes a java.math.BigDecimal
parameter. The ejb-jar.xml snippet is -

            jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.4.184:1521:NITIN
[NitinTest on NITINTEST]
            <display-name>EmployeeEB</display-name>
            <ejb-name>EmployeeBean</ejb-name>
            <local-home>com.newgen.ejb.EmployeeLocalHome</local-home>
            com.newgen.ejb.EmployeeLocal
            <ejb-class>com.newgen.ejb.EmployeeBean</ejb-class>
            <persistence-type>Container</persistence-type>
            <prim-key-class>java.math.BigDecimal</prim-key-class>
            false
            <abstract-schema-name>Employee</abstract-schema-name>
            <cmp-field>
                <field-name>empno</field-name>
            </cmp-field>
            <cmp-field>
                <field-name>empname</field-name>
            </cmp-field>
            <primkey-field>empno</primkey-field>

                auto generated method
                <query-method>
                    <method-name>findByEmpno</method-name>
                    <method-params>
                        <method-param>java.math.BigDecimal</method-param>
                    </method-params>
                </query-method>
                <ejb-ql>SELECT OBJECT(e) FROM Employee AS e WHERE e.empno =
?1</ejb-ql>

                auto generated method
                <query-method>
                    <method-name>findByEmpname</method-name>
                    <method-params>
                        <method-param>java.lang.String</method-param>
                    </method-params>
                </query-method>
                <ejb-ql>SELECT OBJECT(e) FROM Employee AS e WHERE e.empname
= ?1</ejb-ql>

I wrote a SessionFacade for this entity bean, which calls the
findByPrimaryKey method of the entity bean.
The problem I am facing is, even when I am passing the correct data (a
primary key for which a row exists), the entity bean is throwing a
FinderException. Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanx and Regards

Nitin

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3925209#3925209