I had a problem with jboss taking ages to start and it was due to the internal
hypersonic database growing extremely large.

I think jboss is loading it into memory when it starts.

I use jms on my server but after the message has been processed, i dont need to
keep it.

My hypersonic db was 1.25 Gig. Anyway, i replaced the files in
/server/default/data/hypersonic with a fresh copy.

This fixed my startup problems, from 20+ minutes to 30 seconds - like a fresh
install.

Thanks
Dave

View the original post :