Hi,

i have a client server environment set up and the server (EJB 2.0) version is
4.0.3SP1. Now I run into a situation here.

Suppose I am logged in my client using a particular user and pswd, then I
execute a task which takes a couple of minutes to run. This task is handled by
a stateless SB, involves querying a web service for some data and then finally
updating the database with retrieved value and displaying them to the user.

Now if i try to log in again, using the same user and password but a new client
instance, i do not get any exception thrown, however my client simply blocks
and waits till my first task was completed.

The moment my execution task is completed, my login goes through and i get
access to my client environment.

Also if I were to create two separate instances of my client environment and
login using the same user, i can do that. That is to say that I can have two
sessions for the same user operating simultaneously, but i am sure if i try to
run any tasks, then they'll be blocked until the first executed one completes.

I am quite confused with this operation. Also I am kind of a beginner in this
regard.

We need to get this problem sorted out soon, I appreciate any pointers or help
in this matter.

thanks,
Anuj

View the original post :