This

anonymous wrote : I have one jbpmSession that I open that is used in the main
class (the engine) only and it stays open till the process instance completes
(normally or abnormally). I also have a helper application that opens its own
jbpmSession to save process instance,

is your concurrency problem.

You have to open tx, lock on processInstance, do something, release
processInstace, close tx. Anytime you try to change / access a processInstance
in two or more session you have a problem. (You would have to let go of the
processInstance before you start a thread and lock on it again(!) when you want
to signal())

This isn't a jBPM problem anymore but a general concurrency problem where you
have to get your threads, sessions and txs right.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3925775#3925775

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3925775