Hi Elmo,

Ummm.. I am not very understand. You mean when ProcessInstance starts, in one
of the nodes, it will create a separate thread, then the ProcessInstance will
suspend, or return to main and save.

When an event happens, this thread will load that ProcessInstance, and then
continue its execution.  Umm... I cannot figure out the looping mechanism. I
guess above code implement the looping by not saving the ProcessInstance when
it is invoked by the forked thread. Then next time when the forked thread loads
the ProcessInstance again, it will load the ProcessInstance sits in the correct
position.

I don't know, I usually save the ProcessInstance immediately after I have used
it. If I load the ProcessInstance from DB and let it run till the end, next
time when I load and execute the same ProcessInstance again, it will said the
ProcessInstance has already reached its end state. (Of course I can always move
the token back to the start state by "manipulating" the token myself. But I
guess it is always not preferred).

I am reading async='true' now in chapter asynchronous continuations. I've tried
adding the attribute into process definition, it doesn't work. I must have
missed out something.

Thanks.

Philip

View the original post :