Hi everyone!

We are having problem getting the external clients of our application to
communicate properly with the application-core (running jboss-4.0.3).

Depending on from which machine we're trying to make the call we get two
different error-cases.

Case 1:
Lookup of bean works but then later when actually trying make the remote-call
the client hangs. We don't get any exception, nothing. After ca 30 min we get a
timeout. tcpdump shows that the method call is getting through and that the
server is sending a response back to the client but after that it's totally
silent between the two.

Case 2:
When looking up the bean the client hangs. When doing a tcpdump at the same
time as doing the lookup we don't even see that the client is trying to access
the server.

We've with telnet verfied that a connection can be made from the machine where
the client is running to the server where the bean is running.

Lookup code:

env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | env.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,"org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  | env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://"+server+":"+port);
  |
  | InitialContext  ctx = new InitialContext(env);
  | RemoteReportController  rc =
(RemoteReportController)ctx.lookup(RemoteReportController.class.getName());

Does anyone have any idea why this is? We find it quite weird that it's just
getting stuck instead of throwing an exception.

Would appreciate any help!

Cheers
 Johan

View the original post :