My WAR is configured to use FORM auth method.

  <login-config>
    <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
    <realm-name></realm-name>
    <form-login-config>
      <form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>
      <form-error-page>/LoginErrorPage.jsp</form-error-page>
    </form-login-config>
  </login-config>

i have also a security constraint:

  <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>all</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
      <url-pattern>/index.html</url-pattern>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>everyone</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
  </security-constraint>

So when a user try to connect to every JSP or index.html the login form is
open. and this works fine.

The problem occurs when credential is not valid.
The Web container must call the form-error-page so in my case
LoginErrorPage.jsp.
But seem that web container check apply thesecurity contraint and so call again
the form-login-page (login.jsp).

i try also to add the run-as role for login jsps.

    <servlet-name>login</servlet-name>
    <display-name>Login</display-name>
    <jsp-file>/login.jsp</jsp-file>
    <run-as>
      <role-name>everyone</role-name>
    </run-as>

    <servlet-name>loginError</servlet-name>
    <display-name>Login Error</display-name>
    Login Error
    <jsp-file>/LoginErrorPage.jsp</jsp-file>
    <run-as>
      <role-name>everyone</role-name>
    </run-as>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>login</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/login.jsp</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>loginError</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/LoginErrorPage.jsp</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

the role everyone is well declared...

Any idea?
or it's a bug?

I think it's a bug because in every case the LoginErrorPage.jsp must run as the
role name "everyone" and also because under WebSphere the same configuration
works fine.

Thank You

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3928397#3928397