I have JBoss 4.0.3.

I have a logged in user and I wish to add roles to them on the fly (say the
user registers for additional services).  I'm using the
DatabaseServerLoginModule and I update my corresponding UserRoles table to add
in the new roles but I don't want to have my user logout and then back in again
for those roles to be refreshed.  Does anybody know how I can get the
JBossSecurityMgrRealm (which looks like he's the guy that authenicates the user
and handles the isUserInRole method for an HttpServletRequest object) to
refresh the user's roles?

Thanks for any help,
Mike

View the original post :