Tim Yates wrote:

> Yeah, the reason we do it this way (and not via HTTP sessions or cookies),
> is that it was decided early on that it should be possible to style the site
> differently dependant on the device that was accessing it, and we couldn't
> guarantee that storing the HTTPSession, or using cookies would work on any
> of the four major browsing devices...

If you're worried about clients that don't use cookies, you could set
your JSP/servlet container to use URL rewriting instead of cookies to
identify the session.  Then your container could automatically reap
expired sessions for you.

--
Richard Kasperowski (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Tel: 617-576-1552, Fax: 617-576-2441